Re: popt

Elliot Lee wrote:

> >    gnome_init_with_popt_table(PACKAGE,VERSION,argc,argv,options,0,NULL);
> >    if (noapplet) {
> >         gtk_main();
> >    }
> >    else {
> >       applet_widget_init(PACKAGE,VERSION,argc,argv,NULL,0,NULL);
> >       applet_widget_gtk_main();
> >    }

> If you want to avoid calling applet_widget_init(), I think the best
> solution is to either use popt directly, or parse argv some other way, w/o
> calling gnome-init.

Ok, so this seems to be the cleanest solution.

> Note, however, that just because you call applet_widget_init() does not
> obligate you to create an applet - it would be perfectly fine to just use
> applet_widget_init().

Do you mean "using applet_widget_init() instead of
gnome_init_with_popt_table() ?"
Because the warning message

GnomeUI-CRITICAL **: file gnome-init.c: line 435
(gnome_init_with_popt_table): assertion `gnome_initialized == FALSE'
failed.

is triggered when i call applet_widget_init() because i do want an
applet.

Thanks.
S.G.