RE: GAL, glade and libglade

I would suggest a small piece of software that walk in the developper inside
its own widget.  Given a path, the software would read all the libraries and
find out if they are gtk or gnome libs, then extract all the widgets from
there, and extract all the parameters from gtkArgs.

I have been complaining in the past about certain widget (CTREE, OPTION) not
exposing through function certain internal status, which have to be
extracted by knowing the internal C structures. With the above tool, it
would be easy for the developer to know the widget capabilities it offers,
and also help him design its own widgets and see what functions are exposed
to other users/developers... Simple developer Manuals could then be produced
out of all that.

Cheers.

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck sopac org <mailto:franck sopac org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/>

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this e-mail
without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be necessarily
the views of SOPAC.