Re: FG: Please Help

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 05:59:22AM -0700, Linux Developer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have 4 problems as under please help me
>
> Columned List
> =============
> does columned list have scroll bar feature or I have
> to add another widget for scrolling.
>

> Web Site of GLADE
> ==================
> glade is a powerful GUI builder, I love it because it
> is much similar to VB gui building with many widget
> and completely visual, I am trying to see the home
> page of glade but could not see it since 1 week, can
> someone tell me what is happening with glade, what
> about its future developments and so on....
>
> changing color of widgets
> =========================
> how can I change foreground and background color of
> gtk widgets, I have gone thru the API reference but it
> is too confusing, a small example will help me.  my
> target is to change the foreground/background color of
> label or entrybox.

You have to set widget style.

	GtkStyle* style = gtk_style_copy (gtk_widget_get_style (
						  GTK_WIDGET (m_widget)));
	GdkColor* bg = &style->base[0];

	bg->red   = background->red;
	bg->green = background->green;
	bg->blue  = background->blue;

	gtk_widget_set_style (GTK_WIDGET (m_widget), style);
	gtk_style_unref (style);

However, I don't know what you have to do to change widget's style
at run-time. There got to be a way to tell Gtk+ to redraw widget.
If you find out, let me know too.