Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

Please don't make any more dependencies in the core gnome system.

Individual programs that require scripting languages is fine - I can then
choose for myself whether I want to use that program and whether I want to
pull in the dependencies for that.

I'm annoyed at RedHat that I can't install a working system without python.
The same goes for Debian and Perl.  I'm extremely annoyed that the default
gnome workstation redhat install is >700Mb.  Why do I need 5 mail clients and
5 web browsers *by default*.  If I want them, I'll install them.

I spent a weekend reinstalling linux and windows 2000, and had a much better
time with windows.  The core install is ~150Mb (still large, but not too bad)
and I can then pick and choose apps as I want.

For linux, I had to install the core system then remove the programs I didn't
want, only to find that I couldn't uninstall many because of rediculous
dependencies.

Keep the core as lean as possible, then let users decide what programs they
will want to use, then everyone will be happier.

Regards,

Dom.