Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

    Ben> But it really toasts the 48MB disk-on-chip for embedded systems

It's hard to imagine how a general-purpose distribution like Red Hat or
Debian should appeal out-of-the-box to such an extreme range of system
demands.  I don't believe any company can (or should) be everything to all
people.  Sounds to me like you want something more like RTLinux:

    http://www.rtlinux.com/

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
(847)971-7098