Re: GDM and alternate authentication methods

On Thursday, May 31, 2001 10:27:21 -0700, Alan <alan ufies org> wrote:
+-----

| On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 03:36:38PM +0300, Marius Andreiana wrote:
| >
| > "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" wrote:
| > > In short:  will GDM be usable without PAM?
| > Perhaps only the basic auth (user/pass compared with /etc/shadow), but
| > not anything else
| > (e.g. a system with LOTS of users which does an sql auth)
| >
| > Using Linux, I don't see this a disadvantage. PAM works, we can use
| > that, we don't need to re-implement.
| > Better port PAM to other OSes.
|
| Not only voice/dna/retina but also other authentication methods such as
| RSA securid tokens.  The rsa library is not free, but if a plugin method
+--->8

I will pointlessly reiterate that the entire universe is not Red Hat Linux and that not reading my entire message before responding is not helpful, then retire to my nonexistent fairyland where people run OSes that are not Red Hat Linux. "Thanks."

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery ece cmu edu