Re: XSelectInput in applets

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 10:52:26PM +0000, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> Exactly! I really thought about these counters? What about gnome 2.3?
> But why bonobo? I thought about something between gdk and gnome-panel...
> I would say gdk looks more appropriate for this thing... Would you do
> this at some point?

I can't really speak for the GTK team - I'd suggest filing a bug
report on bugzilla.gnome.org discussing the problem, and then we'll
have the issue tracked so we don't forget about it.

> Actually, there are some common functions in libwnck and libxklavier (at
> least - tracking the window tree, active windows etc). Probably we(I)
> should consider some kind of interaction... I would have a look whether
> I can use libwnck for my purposes - but it is based on glib&Co. - and I
> would like to keep my library environment-agnostic...

Yeah, libwnck is fairly glib-specific, it heavily uses the main loop
for example. If you think there's some useful combination there
though, we could look at it.

Havoc