Re: Devel strategy of the file selection dialogs?

Hi Havoc

I went through the file selection docs for Java, Qt, GTK+, KDE,
OpenOffice, GTK (current), etc. Since no-one seems to have done anything
concrete about this yet, I thought I'd start the stuff off with a (very
rough) interface (+ bits of the implementation). The code is attached
below, along with a README (around 10K in total - I hope that's OK for
the MLs). It is also pretty well-documented, and the simple file based
backend is almost 100% implemented, because I wanted to give people a
feel of what I'm trying to achieve. The design is pretty closely
modelled on the Swing API.

The interface is very incomplete (esp. the actual file selector API is
virtually non-existent) but I thought it might be a good idea to get
some opinions on this so that I don't waste a lot of time moving in an
entirely wrong direction.

So, can someone review this stuff (keeping in mind that it's very
incomplete and alpha) to check if I've got the basics right ? Or is this
totally off ? I'd be grateful for any comments.

Rgds,
Biswa.