Re: Gnome 2.0 look

Gérard Milmeister <gemi bluewin ch> writes:
> > -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-*-*-100-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1
> Ok, that problem is solved. However there is no reason why this should
> not be possible in the terminal conf dialog.

Just a bug, in bugzilla already.

> Another thing: Nautilus in GNOME 1.4 has anti-aliased fonts. In GNOME
> 2.0 is seems to be only possible to have AA fonts in Nautilus when AA is
> globally activated. Is this correct. I would rather still have to enable
> AA in a more fine grained way.

You can change which fonts have AA at what sizes by editing XftConfig
(not per-application, though).

> Also I played around with Metacity. While it works, it misses a lot of
> features that I have learned to love with Sawfish. Although I appreciate
> that Metacity is fully based on GTK, crucial features are missing, for
> example keybinding configuring seems to be very restricted.

You should use Sawfish if you prefer it, and not feel bad about
it. That's why we have a window manager specification, so that people
can choose a WM they like. GNOME still ships with Sawfish anyhow.

> Is it possible to configure the tasklist, so that clicking on a task
> alternatively minimizes and unminimizes the corresponding.

Here you are asking for a preference, when the bug should just be
fixed. This is also already in bugzilla.

Havoc