Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

tis 2002-09-17 klockan 08.19 skrev Biswapesh Chattopadhyay:

> 2) To render help pages and show HTML mail, we do not need:
> 	a) Full HTML 4.0.1
> 	b) Full CSS1/2 support
> 	c) Full DOM1/2 support
> 	d) Full JS1.5 support

We *do* want both CSS and DOM for the help stuff (at least).

> 5) Porting effort for KHTML might be less than the waiting effort for
> Mozilla API to stabilize and be ported to GTK2 (as the default widget
> set). As I understand it, there is not much chance of that happening
> before GTK2.2 at least.

I fail to see the point in porting KHTML when we have both GtkHTML1 and
GtkHTML2, OK they might not do everything just as well as KHTML but they
are both pretty good.

Does KHTML have CSS, DOM and editing (all three of which we do need).

> 6) KHTML is actually pretty good - it's clean (and has a relatively
> small codebase) and the rendering is good enough - at least much better
> than GTKHTML 1 or 2. It has decent CSS and JS support and it uses native
> widgets - what more do you need for
> Evolution/Yelp/MrProject/Bluefish/Nautilus HTML view ?

Does KHTML have CSS, DOM and editing (all three of which we do need).

The problem is that we don't have anyone interested in hacking on these
projects. If we had that person GtkHTML would probably render just as
good as KHTML.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/