Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

Hi Biswapesh,

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 07:19, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> 2) To render help pages and show HTML mail, we do not need:

	Right; and there is a good argument for having 2 choices; a
light-weight feature-lean, small, 'editable' gtkhtml1 port; and then on
the other hand the larger, slower, but 'all singing, all dancing' gecko
engine.

	The thing is that for Evolution, we will have to maintain and have
ported gtkhtml1 to Gnome 2.0, which has functional editing, and a huge
amount of effort in terms of performance features, editing, undo/redo,
etc. etc. put into it.

	So - the question is - is there room/demand for gtkhtml2 which targets
an interesting space between Gtkhtml1 (ported to G2), and Gecko - and
has a number of issues, as previously discussed.

	Regards,

		Michael.