Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 12:54, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Right; and there is a good argument for having 2 choices; a
> light-weight feature-lean, small, 'editable' gtkhtml1 port; and then on
> the other hand the larger, slower, but 'all singing, all dancing' gecko
> engine.

and here is the problem.... gtkhtml1 port.... look, wasn't it said that
together with the gnome 2.x release you offer the people an api that
will be valid for all time. by giving gtkhtml1 (which is not delivered
with gnome 2) the favour over gtkhtml2 (which is delivered as component
of gnome 2) you will break the api. somehow breaking the 'api' is not a
valid sentence here since you remove the library but this breaks all
projects that started e.g. after gnome 2.x release which uses gtkhtml2.

now the question is. what makes 'evolution' a more important application
the reason for this gtkhtml1 vs. gtkhtml2 discussion than any other
application. i doubt that we see a gnome evo 2 port before gnome 2.2
release (maybe after that time)... think about this please.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de