Re: gtkhtml2 vs. gtkhtml1

tis 2002-09-17 klockan 10.37 skrev Biswapesh Chattopadhyay:

> Yes, but it is ultimately a matter of effort required - isn't it ? The
> KDE guys have done a lot of performance tweaks, etc which we will
> benifit from if we do a port. Always better to reuse than to develop
> from scratch.

Though we would definitely not be developing from scratch. *lots* of
work have been put into both GtkHtml1 and GtkHtml2 too.

> But talk is cheap. I'll have a better look at the KHTML code and see how
> much effort is really required. It might, of course, be simpler to add
> the required features to GTKHTML.

Great.

> BTW, when you say you want DOM, are you looking at manipulation using
> direct calls or a JS interface

According to Bill Haneman from the a11y-team the DOM-tree was necessary
for full accessibility.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/