Re: LibXML2 Indentation

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:14:35AM +0200, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> I don't understand what whitespaces could cause to a normal layouted XML
> file. I don't see the difference between:

> <stringvalue>9</stringvalue>
>   <stringvalue>
>    9
>   </stringvalue>

The difference is that in the second case the string stored is "\n 9\n
" and in the first case it is "9".  If you didn't do this, you
couldn't store strings containing whitespace.

gconf could do more line breaks and whitespace, but it has to be done
manually, because there are places where whitespace is significant.

This is what Daniel's first FAQ says and what he is trying to tell
you.

So there is no magic way to fix this for all uses of libxml, fixing
each case requires knowledge of the particular file format.

Havoc