Re: LibXML2 Indentation

> > <stringvalue>9</stringvalue>
> >   <stringvalue>
> >    9
> >   </stringvalue>
>
> The difference is that in the second case the string stored is "\n 9\n
> " and in the first case it is "9".  If you didn't do this, you
> couldn't store strings containing whitespace.
>
> gconf could do more line breaks and whitespace, but it has to be done
> manually, because there are places where whitespace is significant.

Of course you've got to be careful too. GConf doesn't expect you to be
hand editing files, and I would be pretty surprised if the notification
handled this. In fact I think there is a bug opened against this, to
make sure there is a 'Do not hand edit' comment in the GConf files, so
that people aren't tempted.

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)