Re: LibXML2 Indentation

Hi Ali,

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:17:04 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   You won't my answer is the right technical answers, it was in the FAQ
> it was in my answer on the list, it was on my private answer.

If this answer does not help you, you could as a last resort look
into my "zettel" package.  You find it at

    http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wwwstoch/voss/comp/software.html

Just search for "zettel-0.1.tar.gz" there.  (But note that this is
my very first XML-using program.)

The program is written in Python and uses the Python XML
bindings.  There I explicitly insert the necessary white-space
into the DOM-tree which represents the XML data.  For example (in
the file "kasten.py") I define a function

    def appendNL(doc,node):
	node.appendChild(doc.createTextNode("\n"))

to insert a newline for the generated XML file.  Maybe something
like this could help you, to write a Python script which
beautifies your XML files.

If I remember correctly Python's xml.dom.minidom implentation
even has a built-in XML pretty-printed output routine.  But I do
not remember the details, because it did not fit my needs when I
wrote my zettel application.

I hope this helps,
Jochen
--