Re: developers, maintainers: Please add a startup notify line to your desktop.in files!

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 03:02:20AM -0500, Zack Rusin wrote:
> excuse my ignorance, I think I missed our discussion about that on the
> freedesktop list but is StartupNotify the standard entry we agreed
> upon? Currently we use X-KDE-StartupNotify=true for apps that should
> display startup notification and I was wondering whether that's
> something we should change or whether we're going two different ways
> here.

StartupNotify is the standard entry. I think X-KDE-StartupNotify=true
would mean the app supports the current KDE startup notification
though, rather than the new spec - so StartupNotify=true and
X-KDE-StartupNotify=true do mean something slightly different, and it
wouldn't be right to change the KDE .desktop files until apps support
the new way. That's my understanding anyhow, Lubos can probably tell
you with 100% confidence.

Havoc