Re: LibXML2 Indentation

On Wed, 1 May 2003, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> > I pretty much think this is a normal user case. Maybe not every day by
> > everyone but I belive that everyone does this once in a while.
>
> Hm, I'd love to see the poll on that one.  With the exception of d), I
> never catch myself doing those things on a regular basis, and I've never
> seen other users (linux or windows or mac) do that regularly.  What
> exactly happens to your files that you need to "audit" them daily ?

I certainly don't audit .gconf files daily, but I have some sympathy
with Ali's point.  In updating gnome from source I have seen
situations where gconf gets messed up to the point where gconf-editor
can't help and the only solution (short of losing all one's
customizations) is to hand-edit a .gconf XML file.  Then it's not
pretty to have to deal with a file that's one monster line.

(If I remember right, a case in point was where I deleted the
show/hide handles from a gnome panel using the GUI, then decided I'd
like to have them back.  There was no way to get them back with the
GUI.)

Allin Cottrell.