Re: LibXML2 Indentation

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 10:28, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 16:06, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > You need a tool to view files no matter what.  be it cat, vi, an xml
> > editor, or whatever.  Perhaps you should try using the right tool for
> > the job, instead of trying to force everything into your one tool (text
> > editor).
>
> I very much appreciate your feedback but I think we shouldn't discuss on
> the list how a user has to use his System and what kind of Tools he/she
> has to use to do the job. Everyone has different tastes and different
> practices to do the job. I pretty much recommend that we get back to the

If you won't use the proper tools, that's your own fault.  If you want
to use a hammer to put a screw in a board, well, have fun; don't
complain to Craftsman about how hard it is to build a tree house that
way, tho.  ~,^

> initial topic and dicuss like the others here if it makes sense to have
> XML tags as much as pretty possible in a more or less human readable way
> or not. A few people replying to this topic already made some good

Right.  It'll likely take only a one-line patch to gconf to add this.
Submitting said patch to gconf in bugzilla with a quick explanation
would probably have saved this whole conversation from ever happening,
altho at least perhaps some people are now more educated on what XML is,
and so on.  ;-)