Re: I've created the GEdit replacemnt

> No syntax highlighting yet. Gnome support is yet very little (almost only
> GTK), but will be extended in the future (but --without-gnome for GTK only
> support will remain forever).

For syntax highlighting you may interested in the GtkSourceView widget
which provides some useful features (among which syntax highlighting and
UNDO/REDO support) with an api which fits well with GtkTextView.
You may get it at http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gtksourceview/

Since it is used also by gedit, it may well be that it's not up to your
standards of excellence, but I'm sure that - despite your modesty - you
could provide useful patches to make it better.

ciao
	paolo