Re: getting the pnael window object

В Птн, 01/04/2005 в 12:39 +0530, Manikandan Thangavelu пишет:

> How could I get the gnome-panel window object? I want to use the
> transient-for hint for my Application window
>
> with respect to the panel window. Basically I want my application
> window to stay on top of the gnome-panel.
>
> Is any way available for this?

Probably you need something different, can you describe why do you need
such window behaviour Do you want to have decorations of such window?
Anyhow, transient setting should not help you much. First of all, there
can be two or even more panels. Transient setting won't help much in
this case.

You can read about stacking order standard
http://library.n0i.net/linux-unix/standards/ex-
hints/ar01s07.html#STACKINGORDER

Probably, you just need to use gdk_window_set_keep_above (). If you
don't need decorations, then you can create menu window, it will be
placed above panel.