Re: gnome-format 0.1 - UI suggestions wanted!

On 2/11/07, Ole Laursen <olau hardworking dk> wrote:
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> writes:
> ext3, or any journaled filesystem for that matter, on a flash memory
> device is a no-no, as the journal would disrupt the write queue that the
> devices use to optimise the flash usage.

That's interesting. Do you have a link with a further explanation?

I would have thought that flash memory and journaled file systems were
a natural fit since you don't have the seek overhead that are present
with disk-based memory.

Perhaps it is necessary to distinguish compact flash and flash memory[1]?

Abel

[1] http://lldn.timesys.com/docs/flash_overview

--
Ole Laursen