Re: GNOME 2.24: Worst release cycle I have been a part of [l10n/i18n]

El dom, 12-10-2008 a las 19:55 +0200, Johannes Schmid escribió:
> Hi!
>
> > A set of interesting stats.
> > ===========================
> >
> > This is a list of modules, which the GNOME status page has told us on
> > the gnome-i18n list, that there has been made changes to AFTER string
> > freeze on Sep. 1 and until release. (I already sorted the ones out we
> > were told were false alarms).
> >
> > eog 21. sep.
> > gtk+ 19. sep.
> > hamster-applet 17. sep.
> > cheese 15. sep.
> > tomboy 15. sep.
> > glib 15. sep.
> > hamster-applet 15. sep.
> > anjuta 15. sep.
> > hamster-applet 15. sep.
> > gnome-utils 8. sep.
> > mousetweaks 6. sep.
> > anjuta 4. sep.
> > gnome-session 4. sep.
> > deskbar-applet 3. sep.
>
> I have no stats about that but I feel that there were quite a few
> changes due to the fact that translators filed bugs against
> strings/untranslatable strings. I could argue now that they should have
> done is earlier - but of course they don't do that before string freeze
> usually so these things simply come up late in the cycle.
I don't think that our work, as translators, is to review translatable or not strings. This should be done by developers, not translators, we already have thousands of modules to translate and people to coordinate.

Cheers.
--
Jorge González González <aloriel gmail com>
Weblog: http://aloriel.no-ip.org