Re: GNOME 2.24: Worst release cycle I have been a part of [l10n/i18n]

I agree that translating GNOME 2.24 was harder than usual, but that is a
consequence of overall improvements in GNOME. The large number of new
messages in libgweather-locations, for instance, is a collateral effect
of an enhanced internationalization feature. I really want Brazilian
cities, for instance, to be available in the locations list. As Claudio
Saavedra said, the development cycles have been hard to developers as
well. Remember that GVFS almost didn't get FTP support in time for GNOME
2.22!

I believe Glade was worst than GDM in this development cycle, from the
translators' point of view. We only discovered *by accident* we should
be translating branch gnome-2-22, when a string change was made after
the string freeze. The GDM version, in contrast, was informed in the
last minute just because the developers and the release team didn't know
it, too, until that moment.

I agree a quoting style would be desirable, even if I don't have the
time to do that outside the scope of my translation team's work.

--
Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org