Re: Saving webpages/documents

On Sat, 2011-06-04 at 22:29 -0300, John Coppens wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> This may not be the right forum for this question. If so, please
> redirect me.
>
> The problem: Since gnome.org is publishing the manuals in the new
> format (Mallard?), I cannot find any way to save documents and use them
> later in the same format.
>
> Simply doing a 'save file' and reopen it from disk, doesn't produce the
> same format (this is in Firefox).
>
> I prefer to have my docs on disk, as I am regularly in situations
> without internet access. Also, I prefer to give complete copies of the
> docs to my students. Some of them do not have access either.
>
> I tried to wget a sub-tree of, eg. gtkmm-tutorial, and found lots of
> problems when opening them. There are links to style sheets in other
> subdomains (www.gnome.org for the main style.css), to the root for
> javascripts and images, etc.
>
> Is there any way to produce self-contained versions of these docs,
> short maybe of compiling them from the source packages?

The gtkmm tutorial is actually in DocBook, not Mallard. All of
our documentation is kept in version control, packaged with our
releases, and then built out to HTML for the web.

If you have the source DocBook or Mallard files, you don't even
need to build them out to HTML first. You can just open them with
yelp.

I'm not sure off-hand where the gtkmm tutorial is in git. Maybe
somebody on gtkmm-list gnome org would know.

--
Shaun