Re: Maintaining the GTK+ and GDK abi

> Sure Morten, the current approach can be improved. Looking forward to
> see some patches from you...

I don't mind coming up with a patch if you don't mind that I cannot test
it on my platform.  (Gcc 2.95.2 on Solaris with native linker.)

But seriously, I gave you a proof-on-concept.  What is needed is for The
Powers That Be to look at that and decide that it is a good idea.  Then,
sure, I can cook you up a patch.  (And note that my approach can be done
piece by piece if desired.)

What is *not* needed right now is copying the alias approach all over cvs
while it has known non-trivial issues.  Getting rid of PLT indirection is
not something that needs to be done in a hurry, or else.

Morten