Re: Nautilus+GIO vs GnomeApps+GNOMEVFS (aka: the clash on trash)

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 20:08 +0100, Mikael Hermansson wrote:
> IMHO
>
> ALL desktops like KDE/GNOME and others MUST agree too  KILL ~/.trash
> totally and NOT support the old in GIO for example. instead we should
> use .local/share/trash (if this is the freedesktop standard?.

KDE4 uses the new trash spec. So does later versions of KDE 3.5.x i
believe. Now in gnome 2.20 we do too.

There is still a problem as long as some gnome apps use gnome-vfs, but
imho the solution to this is to port these to gio.

It makes sense to have some sort of script that migrates ~/Trash to the
new directory (on e.g. login) though, or otherwise we'll end up with a
bunch of files that the user can't find anymore. Maybe we can add this
to gnome-session.