Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

In my opinion..
The total amount of energy needed to maintain Gtk is X. X is
proportional to the size of the code base S. X is also proportional to
the age of the code A. The older it is, the more programmers have
touched it, the more hacks it has accumulated.
So the equation is:

X=A*S

the total energy spent on maintaining Gtk is Y. I believe Y is less
than X which would mean that Gtk is detoriating. So decreasing S or A
which Gtk 3.0 will do, is a good thing.