Re: Fwd: Plans for GTK+ Bundles for win32 and win64?

On 08/09/2011 18:47, Jernej Simončič wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:49:55 +0200, dieterv wrote:
> No, Gimp definitely isn't a good example - just try dropping an old version
> of intl.dll to your System32 directory (like a certain well-known antivirus
> seems to do). If you do it before you ran Gimp for the first time, you'll
> get to click away some 150 message boxes complaining about missing exports.

Ah yes. That about the only problem left with the way
Gimp (and the PyGTK AIO installer) is packaged for
windows that I'm aware of. Thanks for reminding me!

Care to disclose the name of that certain antivirus?
We've been looking for possible sources of this for ages
over @PyGTK (the Gramps devs even wrote a sanity checking
script to detect this and other weird situations).

It is strange that with both SafeDllSearchMode enabled
and disabled, %WINDIR%\system32 takes precedent over the
directory from which the application loaded. Haven't yet
found out why unfortunatly...

mvg,
Dieter