Re: Tutorials on writing bindings?

You haven't been getting many responses simply because there's no easy tutorial on writing a language binding. It's a hard and difficult process, and requires a significant amount of effort.

Most significant language bindings also contribute to the gobject-introspection project itself because they require things that it doesn't have already.

Some projects have used GObject Introspection for static compilation, but it's really meant for dynamic bindings.

I'd be more than welcome to answer any questions you have about gobject-introspection, and how it fits into your project. Even if I do think you're the slightest bit crazy for wanting to start new projects in COBOL :)

Take any modern Linux system and stare at /usr/share/gir-1.0/. You'll find a bunch of XML files in there describing the interfaces of GTK+.