Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: gtk theme compliance

Le jeu, 04 jan 2001 22:19:58, Darin Adler a écrit :
> on 1/4/01 1:02 PM, Nicolas Mailhot at
> Nicolas Mailhot email enst fr wrote:

> > But you really should make mandatory for your coders to
> > check their parts with one of the more garish gtk theme
> out
> > there (using very big or very small fonts). That would
> take
> > them half a sec (just the time to change the gtk theme
> in
> > the control center) and this kind of bugs would leap at
> > them.
>
> I understand your proposal.
>
> There are many useful verification steps people can take
> after writing code.
> You've described one that's particularly good for finding
> bugs of this kind.
>
> > You could even take the time to write a dedicated gtk
> test
> > theme with very basic colors (blue, green, cyan...) to
> this
> > end.
>
> Nice idea. We would love it if someone contributed this to
> GNOME. It's
> unlikely that the Nautilus team will take the time out
> from 1.0 development
> to make this, but I bet our test team and perhaps some of
> our developers
> would use it if it existed.

Well, I might do then. However there are already tons of
*very* wild themes out there, so this check is not
difficult.

> I understand your opinion on this, but I don't agree.
>
> It's very effective to have people who are affected by
> bugs report the
> actual symptoms they are suffering, because that helps
> make it clear how
> truly important a prompt bug fix is. If it's just a
> theoretical thing, it
> will usually get lower priority than things that users are
> actually
> complaining about.

I think the best form of reports for this king of visual bug
would be a screenshot of the part affected (beats writing
this part of this dialog may have a wrong font/color under
some specific circumstances). However, I don't see any way
of doing this without giving an url to an image file, and
I'm not sure how this kind of reporting would be received.
Should I do it ?

--
Nicolas