Re: [Galeon-devel] Re: Galeon-Mozilla thread on nautilus-list from 2002 April

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 19:49, Ricardo Fernández Pascual wrote:
> Some things like "smartbookmarks" don't make sense in nautilus.
>
> Also, I never used bookmarks in a file manager so I don't know what else
> could be needed. (who uses bookmarks in a file manager?)

ohhh you are mistaken..... i call bookmarks in filemanagers really
important.

e.g. think of it that way:

- bookmark of an ftp site.. you click on the bookmark and the ftp site
  opens.
- bookmark of a picture on your harddisk that you like to see really
  often, click on the bookmark and it opens.
- bookmark of a pdf file that contains your universities schedule, click
  on the bookmark and it opens.

and there is absolutely no problem having all these bookmarks handled
into one bookmark manager. by the way i really welcome your idea with
the external bookmarks program and library, it should get implemented
into gnome as it. so other applications like nautilus, galeon etc. can
share one common bookmarksplace.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de