Re: Add Network Neighborhood to Nautilus

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 14:21, David Moles wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 11:11, Bruce Robert Pocock wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 13:36, David Moles wrote:
> > >
> > > What about the scenario of one machine having different shares
> > > with different protocols? We might need an extra layer of abstraction
> > > in that case (clicking on the machine gets you a virtual folder with
> > > that machine's different shared resources), at least.
> > >

> > e.g.

> > "Network Resources: WORKSTATION"
> >
> >    [P]                  [F]                       {F}
> >  PRINTER               FILES                    Mac Files
> > SMB Printer         SMB Shared Files        AFP Shared Files
> > ... perhaps common icons for (printer filesystem ...) with emblems to
> > indicate (Samba AppleTalk DAV ...) applied (to cut the number of
> > required icons down to a manageable number...)
>
> That ought to work. I particularly like the emblems idea.
Ok I second that.

> --

 "There has grown in the minds of certain groups in this country the
idea that just because
a man or corporation has made a profit out of the public for a number of
years, the
government and the courts are charged with guaranteeing such profit in
the future, even in
the face of changing circumstances and contrary to public interest. This
strange doctrine
is supported by neither statue or common law. Neither corporations or
individuals have the
right to come into court and ask that the clock of history be stopped,
or turned back."

-Robert Heinlein, Life Line, 1939