Re: Template system

> I don't want the template directory hidden.  On OS/2 I interacted with
> it often to add or update templates.  Since cp works in bash, I would
> want to use the templates from command line when using vi, or just
> starting a GUI app.  From the desktop  I'm just as likely open the
> template folder to locate a template to make a new document--I'll be
> prompted to 'Save as ...' if the template is read-only.

Me neither. I want the template directory accessible without having to
jump through hoops.  That is, just like a regular Nautilus folder, with
perhaps a special icon, and if possible, on the desktop.

Yes sir.  And perhaps this should be configurable so system admins in
large corporate networks can lock the Templates folder.

Moreover, for the template folder to be really useful in a corporate
setting, it needs to see userdefined templates and system wide ones as
well.

> It Nautilus was very smart, it would recognize a template emblem on a
> file and know to copy the file to the desktop, then start the correct
> app to edit the copy.  If we had a Metadata db, like Medusa, Nautilus
> would know every template in the user's desktop without having to manage
> a template folder.

The template emblem is not a bad idea either.  It's less portable though
=).

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: keyserver.net C1033CAD