Re: [Fwd: Re: commit: AbiWord is now a Nautilus View.]

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:08:09AM -0500, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> You keep saying [a non-editing view] gets in the way more often than not,
> but you give no reason or argument why this is so. In my experience
> files/documents are read more often than they are edited/written, so I
> would say views that view the content of files are not pointless. . . .

If you wish to view a document and it opens in a editor, all is well.*
If you wish to view a document and it opens in a viewer, all is well.
If you wish to edit a document and it opens in a editor, all is well.
If you wish to edit a document and it opens in a viewer, you're screwed.

* The exceptions to this being non-WYSIWYG editors and very complex editors.
  Non-WYSIWYG editors are less popular for any format as soon as a decent
  WYSIWYG editor is available. Audio/Video editors may be very complex, but
  their use is rare so that the default can be to play the file.