Re: Bugzilla spring cleaning

* Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow taliesin ca> [04.05.12 15:54]:
> Note that I don't mind bugs being closed that are not replicable but I
> don't think closing bugs on the basis of `no action in the last x
> months' is a reasonable procedure.

Usually bugs are closed when the following criteria have been met: a)
the reporter isn't responding to questions and there have been no "me
too" comments within a reasonable timeframe, b) the bug can't be
reproduced anymore c) there are no recent duplicates for this bug (which
almost always means no one has experienced it on recent versions of the
software).

If this wasn't routinely done, nautilus and other highly visible
applications would get completely buried in old, irrelevant bugs, and it
would make bugzilla useless. Also, being closed is not permanent. These
bugs are reopened if there is a recent duplicate or when it is found to
have been reproduced on a recent version.