Re: ftp and Nautilus

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 18:19 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Mmh. Allthough I consider myself as a poweruser, it never occured to
> me that password/username can be put into a ftp uri, allthough I know
> that from http. Only thanks to Nautilus do I finaly know about it ...

from what someone told me yesterday, it's not even part of any spec-
just something added later.  It's useful, yes- but I can't *stand*
having to type my password into the bar in an ftp://.., so i'll be quite
happy to see a dialog added.  No-one should ever have to see their
password in plaintext ;-)