Re: [(RE)ANNOUNCING] nautilus-open-terminal

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 11:04:54PM +0200, Ionut Cotoi wrote:
> To make everybody happy I think you should consider adding a key to
> gconf from where the "poweruser" can add Open Terminal back to the
> Desktop context menu (like for nautilus  browser/spatial mode).

People are acting too emotionally here.  Again, nothing is being
taken away as I understand it is this:

* the part in nautilus that hardcodes the terminal in the context menu
  will be removed.

* a new plugin for nautilus will put the terminal back on the context
  menu or whatever as long as the plugin exists.  It just won't be in
  nautilus proper.  Does this make sense?  So in a sense, it's become
  optional, but for most of us distro users it'll be a simple rpm
  or deb/emerge/whatever install.

So you're work flow will continue to be the same.  Does this make sense?

sri