Re: Nautilus splitted-view

On Feb 13, 2008, at 8:43 PM, Salvatore Benedetto wrote:

On 12/02/2008, Tomasz Sterna <tomek xiaoka com> wrote:
Opening two Nautilus windows side by side works for me perfectly for
file management.

It does work for me too, but I find it very annoying.

File management is not the only case where it is useful to tile two windows side by side. Another example is editing the source code for a Web page, and seeing that page in a browser alongside. Or editing a zoomed-in view of an image, while seeing the actual-size view alongside.

Therefore it may be more efficient and useful to solve this problem in Metacity (and Compiz), not in Nautilus.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/