Re: Nautilus splitted-view

On 14/02/2008, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008, at 8:43 PM, Salvatore Benedetto wrote:
> >
> > On 12/02/2008, Tomasz Sterna <tomek xiaoka com> wrote:
> >> Opening two Nautilus windows side by side works for me perfectly for
> >> file management.
> >
> > It does work for me too, but I find it very annoying.
>
> File management is not the only case where it is useful to tile two
> windows side by side. Another example is editing the source code for a
> Web page, and seeing that page in a browser alongside. Or editing a
> zoomed-in view of an image, while seeing the actual-size view
> alongside.
>
> Therefore it may be more efficient and useful to solve this problem in
> Metacity (and Compiz), not in Nautilus.

Whether this is to be solved in Metacity or Nautilus, the matter of the fact is,
that for me, moving/copying files from one place to another is
difficult and annoying
with GNOME. Same as comparing two directories.

I personally find the splitting feature a valid solution, same as the
command in the
right-click menu "move/copy to".

Regards,
Salvo