Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] feature request disable songs

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 11:32 -0400, Bradley Peters wrote:
> I'd also like to request a feature to manually disable/enable songs by
> checkmark as iTunes allows you too. I've got xmas songs and
> comedy stuff and some bad songs that I don't want played on shuffle.
> Otherwise good work.

I think this would be another good use for the new keyword
infrastructure. We could have a new keyword (say 'rb:playorder:ignore')
which the play orders look at after they've picked the track, and don't
choose it to be played if that is present on the track. We may want to
make that only apply to the shuffle/random play orders though, so you
get to hear all the tracks on the album you're listening though in
order, even though you don't normally want to listen to one of the
tracks.

All that we'd need to do then is add some UI for it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"We're standing there pounding a dead parrot on the counter, and the
management response is to frantically swap in new counters to see if