Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] default plugin directory (ubuntu)

On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 19:47 +0100, giopas wrote:
> I'm now using Gnome3.2 on Ubuntu 11.10 (and rhythmbox, of course).
>
> Some months ago I noticed that just after Gnome3 upgrade many
> rhythmbox' s third party plugins did not work anymore. So today I
> tried to make rhythmbox work again, downloading my most favorite
> plugins: pitch/temp contro, lastfm_queque and now I wanted to try even
> sleepbox and rhythmote (or something to be used with Android).

During the conversion to Gtk3+, the Rhythmbox plugin system was
completely rewritten, and no older plugins will work any longer. They
will have to be updated - which isn't going to be a simple modification
for many of them.

Since the version of Rhythmbox shipped in Ubuntu right now is actually
an unstable development build and not a released version, many
third-party plugin authors haven't updated their plugins for it yet. I'd
expect them to start showing up soon, but I don't know of any current
list of compatible third-party plugins.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton kepstin ca>
Homepage: http://www.kepstin.ca/