Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] insert web radio . rhythmbox

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 16:50 +0100, Bravo Maestro wrote:
> I would like to have info about how to insert BravoMaestro web radio
> into your preset directory. To listn our web radio, you can use the
> following link.
> http://www.bravomaestro.com/BravoMaestro's%20Broadcast.m3u

Unfortunately, that stream appears to be using the MP3 audio codec.

Because Rhythmbox is shipped on many Linux distributions that don't
include support for MP3 audio by default due to patent or licensing
issues, Rhythmbox can't accept any radio stations that only provide MP3
audio.

If you do provide a stream in a different format, for example Ogg
Vorbis, then the proper way to add a new radio preset is to open a bug
on http://bugs.gnome.org/ against the Rhythmbox project.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton kepstin ca>
Homepage: http://www.kepstin.ca/