proposal for MIME behavior in GNOME

I have written a proposal for handling MIME types and files better in
nautilus at:

  http://www.gnome.org/~jrb/files/mime/

In it, I describe some of the changes I'd like to make to make the user
experience of opening files better.  If anyone has any suggestions for
this, please follow up to this list.

The changes proposed are going to be made in gnome-vfs, nautilus,
gnome-panel, and the control-center.  In particular, I'm planning on
moving jhbuild over to the xdgmime branch of gnome-vfs as soon as I get
it merged back with HEAD.

Thanks,
-Jonathan