Re: hitler's flag

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 07:53, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:

> You should immediatly remove this flag, since it is also forbidden to
> show and distribute this flag in a not historical way or commented
> context in Germany. This can punished.

Although I think the law is wrong, I'd say your argument make sense,
since the law exists after all and is just as real as copyright and
patent laws which are respected.

> It is also no sign of historical sense and sensitiveness to list the
> flag of the DDR, too. This was the flag of the second German
> dictatorship in the 20th century.

This is stupid. The DDR was just as legitimate a state as the BRD,
difference being just that the latter has won and is able to define
right and wrong.. There is no law against use of DDR symbols either,
otherwise half of Germany's media industry would be jailed by now :)