Re: Proposed implementation agnostic GNOME Speech API.

Hi Rich,

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 17:47, Rich Burridge wrote:
> In short, I've created an implementation agnostic set of wrappers for
> the existing GNOME Speech v0.2.X API that used GObject. It hides the
> existing Bonobo/ORBit2 implementation under the covers.

	Sounds good to me. It was never very pleasant to have the randomness of
which backend the bonobo-activation query returned to give you the
speech driver; makes sense to codify at least that in a small shlib.

> I've also rewritten the speech related code in gnopernicus to use
> this new API, but I haven't attached that work yet, until the
> community feel that this is a good thing to do.

	Sounds like it'd be useful now; and good to get this into 2.6.

> I know the API/ABI freeze for GNOME 2.5/6 has already happened, so
> this is something we'd like to consider for GNOME 2.7/8.

	Sure; but as Jeff says - that's not for your bit really, so ... if it's
ready, lets go for it.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot