Re: Better default background

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 16:59, Mark Finlay wrote:
> >  Or we could use a solid #677587 for
> > example - still looks quite reasonable, would be great if it was
> > adaquate for a11y.
>
> Actually I think that this looks better than the origional color I
> suggested: http://xsu.sf.net/a11y.png
>
> Bill, what do you think about this one?

thanks for asking :-)

I think it's a bit light but basically okay, value-wise.  Lighter
wouldn't be so good.

But I think there might be some accessibility issues with the bold
g.n.o.m.e since it looks like something in the foreground.

As has been suggested later in the thread, I think slight texturing has
some advantages over big logos.  If you're going to have a big logo-ish
thing IMO it needs to be very subtle, i.e. less contrast than the
lettering in your (admittedly cool :-) example.

It's cool, but I am not sure it's the right default.

- Bill