Re: Regarding Nautilus scripts

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 05:35, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> > Mime extensions/handlers are able to add themselves into the *context
> > menu*.
>
> Which is something I _don't_ want to see, as they bloat the top level menu.
>
> >For example if you right click on an archive file in nautilus, it
> > will give you the options.
> >
> > - Add to archive
> > - Extract here
> > - Extract to a subfolder
> > - Extract to...
>
> It should have been only one option: Add to acrhive. And it should have only
> being under an /addon submenu, not in the toplevel one.
> The rest options should only take place when you actually double click the
> file, or at least only use the "Extract To..." and again, place it under the
> /addon submenu.

Shouldn't it be under an "Archive" submenu, if anything? Why should a
user have to know the code is provided by a different application to
core nautilus?

And if we only have 1 archive menu option (which I agree we should), a
submenu makes no sense.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"We made GNOME-VFS support smb: and nfs: URIs. And we made OOo support
GNOME-VFS. Booyakasha!" -- nat