Re: Galeon2 / Nautilus as a web browser [was: Re: KDE Interop [Was: D-BUS background]]

mån 2003-03-10 klockan 11.09 skrev Vadim Plessky:

> My point is: it's not enough to make good product.
> You should put efforts to make that product distributed.
> And, speaking about browsers: you should give very good reason to
> packagers/distribution maintainer *why* you want to add 2 (or even 3, if you
> count Phoenix) more browsers to already existing 2 or so.
> Forking Galeon codebase into two branches is not very good idea, IMHO.

Why should the distributions ship all available browsers? That's just
idiotic. The distribution chooses whatever browser fits best in there
environment.

If they go for a KDE desktop they will ship with Konquerer, if they
choose a GNOME desktop they might choose Galeon or Epiphany depending on
there desktop focus.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/