Re: PATCH for 2.4.0: Correct default panel size

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 00:25, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Luis Villa">
>
> > But we let something slip through that changing for the worse how we
> > look to each of our new users. So we have to (IMHO) suck it up.
>
> I mailed another poster about this off-list to spell it out earlier. It's
> fairly likely that:
>
>   a) distros will change this anyway, and most users - especially new users
>      - use distro-modified versions of GNOME

By that logic we should give up and disband the release team right now.
The distros all have their own patches, themes, module sets, release
schedules, features added/removed, bugs fixed/added. I /hate/ that
argument.

As for the rest... not unreasonable. I have no arguments with them.

I stick by the other points I made earlier- 'look' is utterly important,
and for bugs with a low probability of being caught our typical 'if it
was important it'd be fixed' policy aren't relevant. I'm glad Malcolm
actually addressed those issues in the context of this patch- makes it
much easier for me to say 'fine, wait for 2.4.1.'

Luis